10 Great Podcasts for True Music Lovers
iTunes isn’t just a place to store and listen to all of your favorite music—it can also be a great tool to help you learn about new titles or to expand your knowledge about your existing favorites. Through podcasts you can keep up to date with the music scene and quench your thirst for the latest and greatest bands without really having to do much but sit back and listen. Here are a few that music lovers of all kinds can try out.
- All Songs Considered: This NPR production is a great place to discover new music. Artists covered range from world music to indie artists and just about everything in between and the show not only offers insights into new music but concerts that you can download and listen to as well.
- Gramophone: If classical music is more your style then check out this UK podcast that takes you inside the magazine of the same name, sharing reviews of the best new releases, news, and interviews with composers and musicians.
- Above and Beyond: Trance Around the World: Those who are into dance music or clubbing will appreciate this podcast that tracks the latest developments in these tracks from all corners of the globe.
- KEXP’s Song of the Day: The small snippets from this Seattle radio station will let you keep up with some of the latest and greatest independent artists out there.
- Morning Becomes Electic: The podcast of this song makes it possible to listen to an assortment of creative music including jazz, indie, funk, rock, pop and even world beat artists, focusing on both new talent and established artists.
- Sound Opinions: Listen to this podcast to hear interviews with many of Rock and Roll’s greats as well as artists who are just up and coming. You’ll find shows on everyone from Jesus Lizard to She & Him.
- Push the Night: This podcast focuses on the best dance music out there including house, trance, techno and prog tunes.
- Sphere of Hip-Hop: Those who love hip-hop will appreciate this podcast that brings them the latest tunes and makes keeping up with the best new artists a piece of cake.
- indiefeed Blues Music: Here you’ll find a great collection of blues titles that mixes the old with the new so you’ll get the best of both worlds.
- Podrunner: If you need a great workout mix then look no further than this podcast which will provide you with a wide range of tunes to listen to while you’re getting all sweaty at the gym.
- Musicresearch.com of course! The place where you can find new music and RATE it. Help the music find its audience.
This post was contributed by Hannah Watson, who writes about the distance learning colleges. She welcomes your feedback at HannahWatson84@ yahoo.com